Our course objectives will be:
- To acquire a basic understanding of the foreign language teaching/learning process as we currently understand it.
- To learn about, discuss, and practice effective techniques for teaching and evaluating foreign language (FL) students in middle and secondary schools.
- To familiarize students with resources available to enhance FL teaching/learning.
- To familiarize students with the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages (2015) and the Academic Standards for World Languages in the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- To provide an introduction to technology pertinent to the FL classroom; to have hands-on practice using some of these technologies and integrating them in FL lessons.
- To assist the FL pre-service teacher with the development of a personal FL teaching philosophy that will help to shape his/her teaching career.
- Professor: Holly Hayer